Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fashion: Behind the Scenes


HEY ALL!!

This has been a CRAZY busy week/weekend, so I haven't been around much! But, don't you worry.. I haven't forgotten about you!

This weekend was excellent. It was busy, but Great! Friday night started off with a Photo shoot with my lovely girls Miss Katey and Megan. I set up a make-shift studio in my basement back in CT and we set up some lights and have a mini photo shoot. The pictures came out beautiful. My personal favorite...



Saturday started off just as busy. Started the morning with Mikey and Ashley. They wanted couples shots done and I was up for the task! I did not however, dress appropriately. They wanted to do the shots outside, which i knew going into this but accidentally left my boots at school in Mass. Minor details right? no. So yeah, we head over to a state park in the area that I knew had a gazebo and the lake and really pretty forest and off we went. It never occurred to me that the 18 feet of snow might be a set back. We pushed through though! I was wearing slip on shoes.. Not my best idea. At one point, I literally took my shoes off and walked down the hill in just socks because it was so much easier. I was stopping every step to fish my shoes out of the snow and I was just never going to get free. The things we do for love! The good news behind this exciting and cold shoot is that the pictures came out great!



Once I said my goodbyes I was off to another shoot!

My friend Abi at school was staying in Mystic CT for the night to take some photos and I thought it would be a great idea to meet her out there with two girls from home and do our Fashion shoot and outdoor portraits by the water. Although it was a smidge cold.. it was a GREAT idea. I called my friend Stephie and asked if she had a friend from school that would want to have photo shoot. What 17 year old girl would say no to this? I mean honest.. I picked them up and off we went! We got to mystic around 4 and it was PERFECT!! It had been cloudy and overcast all day and as we were driving into the town of Mystic the blue sky was peaking through and the sun was starting to set. We were ready for pictures! The girls were troopers. Even though it was cold, they had outfits ready and were really willing to pose and help us out! We enended up having a really good time! We would jump in the car, drive around a little, find the perfect light and jump out for pictures. We ended up at 3 different locations and the last location was just at the end of sunset. It was beautiful. Abi and I experimented a little with video so I put all our pictures and video together and created a little Behind the scenes look at our shoot! Hope you enjoy :)






Aren't they cute? That was Stephanie and Mariah! They were great and so much fun! We ended out night at Mystic Pizza where we had some delicious pizza and tried fried Pickles. <-- I know right? I didn't want to try it, but i'm glad i did!!


The weekend certainly isn't over! I'm finishing up my business plan which is due on Monday. I'm shooting babies in the studio this weekend! Should be interesting, but i'm excited!

before i say goodnight, I want to send a special THANK YOU to my dad who got me a new computer. It has more memory and its all new and shiney and I can now use photoshop and lightroom at my apartment and at home and its SO helpful!!!!!!!

OH! www.karingoodwinphotography.com is UP and running!!! Check it out!

                                   
                                                                          *LOVE*

No comments:

Post a Comment