Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Love is in the Air

Well, I've been meaning to write this blog and what better time to do so than when I'm stuck in bed with a sore back! :(

So over the Christmas break I had the privilege of photographing a beautiful bride and groom. But lets start this story from the beginning.

A long time ago, in a land far far away there was a little boy named Bubba. He was a bright eyed beautiful little boy who found entertainment in beating the crap out of me. He had these awful nerf guns that shot gigantic elastic bands or little balls that were made from nerf so they wouldn't hurt. HA! those things hurt dang it!!! When something is thrown hard enough.. it hurts. Anywho, Bubba was my friend Nikole's little brother whom I loved dearly. As both he and his muscles grew, the nerf guns turned into wrestling matches.. (i'm no wrestler, so you see where this is going) It was all out of love though. I think? We fought like brother and sister, just.. well.. i dont think self defense would count as a me fighting.. but i held my own!

So yeah, I go to photography school. <-- in case you didn't know. :) I personally am not sure exactly what I want to do with my career or what i want to focus my photography on.. however, I had been interesting in putting together a fake wedding so that i could take some shots and practice and get pictures of weddings for my website to show what I can do for potential clients.


This brings us back to the pictures. My lovely "little brother" who has grown up and grown out of his stages of torture and now we get along with hugs and smiles.. <-- i dont know. But anyway he was getting married. Cut to me. :)


So, I was very excited to shoot a real bride and groom.. (so much better than fake ones) Bubba and the lovely Lauren had their ceremony at their temple in Washington DC but were having their reception a week later at home in Connecticut. Thats where I come in! We planned on a day where we could take photos, sorta like a wedding fashion shoot. They had already been married so there was nothing wrong with taking a day all dressed up and having some fun. So.. lets get to the fun part. Here is the video I put together of the day we shared together and then the reception itself with friends and family. Enjoy.



We had such a good time even though it was nice and cold for this shoot. Poor Lauren was from North Carolina and she was frozen solid. You wouldn't know what though from these pictures. They were perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment