Monday, February 7, 2011

Sassy and Stylin!

FASHION FASHION FASHION!!

I had my VERY first fashion shoot with an aspiring model named Sara! She was too cute and a joy to work with!

This day was no planned at all!  I was supposed to have a photo shoot with a friend from back home... Megan. (if you were listening, you'd remember this!)  But Meg couldn't get up here last minute.  Sara, had emailed me a few weeks ago about possibly getting together to shoot sometime and I thought, ya know what.. I"ll send her an email. It was literally like 8:30 at night and she had mentioned needing some time to make arrangements for a ride if we were ever going to shoot, but it never hurts to ask. SO funny story.. She had a casting call that had been cancelled for the SAME DAY AS MY SHOOT!! She had no where to go, but a ride waiting. Turners Falls it is!  We spent the day in the studio. Literally from 12:30 to.. 4:30? It was awesome.  She had the best clothes and wanted to try all kinda of different styles. We didn't have much for props, but with her outfits and the lights I had available. We made it work! Not to mention, just a shout out to my girl Skylar who was a HUGE help and even though she had no plans to assist me in the studio, she was there and helped me and I couldn't have done it without her <3.  
Her mom was ALL about this photo. We didn't expect a bra shot, but we rocked it!

I LOVED THIS!
I thought this shot came out awesome!! I threw a red gel over the background light and the way it hit the background, it gave us this crazy pink.  I thought it went really well with her print dress. Super cute.  Not only was she just spunky and playful and really excited about modeling but she was willing to help me with my shot as well, for my school assignment. I had to do a Hi-Key shot and well, as usual... I'm not going to show you the final product, but i'll give you a sneak peek of the idea we were going with...

Dreamy and pink and soft and lovely. I want to send a THANK YOU to Sara and her Mom. They were great and I hope to be able to work with them again!  But first I need to finish editing this batch and get them on their way!

My website is officially ALMOST ready. hahaha Such a process.  I called today to get it all set up with my domain name.  They said 12 hours.. ish.  So basically tomorrow.. Karingoodwinphotography.com will me up and running and waiting for you to stop in and stare.  :)

Tonight, my plans you ask? Well, I'm going to sign up with a printing company and get my price list ready.  So.. you know what that means!  Make appointments, Karin needs a job! Although I've been enjoying my year off.. (by year off, i mean for paid work.. I've DEFINITELY been working my butt off) but my mom... not so much. She has been funding me on this journey and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grateful. There are not words strong enough to tell her how much I appreciate her help and support. Love you Mama. 

Just a side note, Nothing to do with Photography.. GLEE FANS? Are there any out there? last nights episode, I thought it was great. I mean, I was half asleep because it started so dang late! But who doesn't love a good Destiny Child throw back?  LOVE IT

Um, where was is? 

My mom is great... No, I'm going to Disney next month and I'm SO excited!.. no.  Hmmmm oh yeah.. Plans.  Finish website, get my price list done so that I can add it to my business plan. YES.  Have i started my business plan, even though I say I am after every blog post.. NO! hahaha I"m working on it! I swear. 

Ok ya'll. Snow is coming tomorrow? I think? I dont even know anymore, i just assume its always snowing these days.  Either way I'm driving to school, so it doesn't matter.  


A little bit of home.  
*LOVE*

No comments:

Post a Comment