Friday, January 28, 2011

Home for the weekend!

Happy Friday!!!

Today was an AWESOME day! I had the privilege of meeting Danny Hastings! He is an amazing photographer and just recently wrote, starred in, and filmed the most ridiculous and funny movie The Love Potion! We had the chance to view it last night with him and it was just a fun experience.  One of my favorite quotes from the movie that are appropriate for my "G rated" blog.. "a man worth crying over, would never make you cry" Aside from that line, the movie was silly and funny and entertaining.  Danny actually filmed myself and my girl Abi talking about the film.  It should be up on the YouTube channel soon if anyone is interested in seeing that. As for right now, to check out the trailer for the film DEFINITELY check this out...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_YQqHBC8fI   Not only was Danny just the nicest guy, his photography was inspiring and on point.  He has learned from the beginning. Trying things in the darkroom before photoshop was around and using his lights to help tell stories.  He is just amazing! A pretty great start to the weekend!

Now on to the rest!  I'm back home for the weekend.  Keeping busy and LOTS of photography ahead.  Tomorrow morning i have a shoot at the Harney and Sons Tea Shop.  I'm very excited about that! I promise to have pictures to show all! I'm going in the morning, so i'm really hoping for some beautiful morning sun and glow in the store.  Which reminds me, i need to charge my camera otherwise i'll need a sketch pad and pencil! 

To end the day, I'm headed to the Cyr family home.  A friend from a long time ago grew up and has the most beautiful family in the world and I have the opportunity to photograph them! I'm looking forward to that! 

The only thing that shocked me (not necessarily in a good way) is Connecticut got a LOT of snow! In MA we had snow, but nothing like this! My mom literally stayed home from work today to shovel the roof.  Oh yeah, you read that correctly, she climbed on the roof with a shovel.  Apparently, I'm the only one that thought that was potentially dangerous, but I guess that didn't matter! 

So now, I'm home.  My dog, who missed me TONS acts like an idiot when I come home. If i'm not sitting on the couch, petting him constantly, he feels the need to act up and cause trouble to get attention. He has basically eaten both a slipper and a cook book tonight since i've been home and he was put in a time out once.  It might be a long night.  It hard to resist his cute little face though!!


Its 8pm and I must say, i'm pretty beat!  My photo shoot is bright and early tomorrow morning, So I'm headed to bed! I'll try and get a sneak peak of my tea pictures tomorrow. IF YOU'RE LUCKY!! just kidding!  Night Ya'll!!


*Love*

No comments:

Post a Comment