Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Very First Blog!

This if my very FIRST blog as ©Karin Goodwin Photography! HELLO!!!

I'm currently in school, at Hallmark Institute of Photography and I've never grown so much as a person and as a photographer, especially in such a short amount of time. I've had some amazing experiences and its only been 4 months! I'm not here to bore you with all the details of how I've matured and how my photography has grown, but i will say.. I'm very proud of myself!

One of the most amazing assignments we have been given at school is to assist a photographer and I spent the day at Harvard University.  I spent an afternoon on the field for the Harvard Yale rivalry football game.  It was so amazing! Just the cherry on top of that Crimson cake, I had the opportunity to take my camera around with me and I got a few of my favorite shots! Here is a taste of what that day brought to me!

Harvard Cheerleaders were awesome!




I waited for this guy to walk in front of me, i was determined to get a shot like this! ----->
There was no zoom lens used here! I was literally in the huddle!



I love these shots, so I might be bragging a bit! But I'm ok with that! It was a very cool experience and I would have been proud to be apart of it even if i didn't get any awesome shots. I worked with Justin Ide, the school photographer and he was awesome! Such a great guy, working hard to get his message out with his photography and his work. 

Right now, with school in "Phase 3" the phase just before final portfolio and GRADUATION (eeek) A lot is going on. Staying busy, would be an understatement.  I'm very excited to meet new people, go into new experiences and come away with pictures that I am proud of and that people love. My ultimate goal is to make people cry ( tears of joy people, not pain)  Wish me luck!

P.s. I love taking pictures of people, which is most likely the direction I am headed towards in my life adventure of growing up and working full time after school is over. However, I love taking pictures of nature, landscapes, and well anything i think is pretty (if I'm being honest). I'm a sucker for a sunset.  So if you follow my blog, are in a car with me around dusk, or just happen to stumble upon this, be prepared....this car makes frequent stops for a  random good sunset picture.  (Ask my boyfriend Andrew, we never get anywhere without pulling over at least once to take pictures)


*Love*  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on establishing you blog. I love the "behind the scenes" info on the photos you've taken. I'm impressed by the photographs, of course, but equally impressed on how well you "speak" in your blog. You have indeed, grown up, Karin. A tribute to your hard work, passion, and dedication to establishing yourself in a new career. You have so much to be proud of about your accomplishments. You've come a long way in a very short amount of time. Opportunity opens doors, but talent and character give you a seat at the table! You've earned a seat at the table, Karin. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete