Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Graduation... Sad Goodbyes :(

I'm giving myself  a paragraph to be sad, then its back to business.


As I was sitting at graduation on Friday... I was listening to stories and talking to friends and taking loads of pictures and I was trying to remember what happened and where I was for the last 10 months.  I still don't have an answer to that question.  It all seemed to flash by really fast and doesn't even seem like it happened at all.  I do know though, that I met some pretty amazing people and have some super talented people in my life now that I can call friends.  I had my graduation on Friday, packed my apartment up on Saturday and Sunday and then moved on Monday and well.. Its just now all settling in.  I know it seems crazy because it wasn't that long of a program, but honestly.. It was the shortest and longest 10 months of my life all in one. I've seriously never learned so much so fast EVER. (i'm almost done i swear)  I woke up today, back at home in Connecticut and didn't have to run to be anywhere.  It was weird. I miss my friends from school and as weird as it might sound, I miss my teachers just as much.  When I break things.. Who will fix it!!! ME? ahhhh.  Although.. tonight I had a major panic attack because I debated for a while and.... I chose to go Nikon when buying my camera.  Tonight I attempted to edit the photos in photoshop and they wouldn't move into the program. So... all these thoughts about wasting money on a camera that I can't edit photos in and blah blah blah.. MM the amazing stepped in.. *once again* to save the day and well.. who knew you had to update software?  Even though I'm no longer a student and teachers are on vacation, they are still saving us from our craziness.  I seriously couldn't be more grateful.   Thanks a bunch <3

ok, i'm done.


Today, I woke up with a new camera that I've never used before. I flipped through the manual for like.. 15 minutes.  Then decided just to jump in and take pictures and then go back to the manual for guidance along the way.  Andrew has time off this week so the two of us went to a state park near my house for a walk.  I grabbed my new camera and lenses and off we went!  The gardens around this place were beautiful so I did something crazy and took flower pictures.... I know right? Since when do i take pictures of flowers.   Apparently, there are butterfly gardens somewhere there too.  I kid you not, there was one sign that pointed... then we got to a 4 way trail intersection and that was it.  So needless to say, we did not navigate correctly to find butterflies. It was nice though, just to spend some time outside together and walk.  Hot.. but nice :)



I ended up getting a Nikon D7000 and 3 lenses.  It came with the 18 - 105 mm which is fun to play around with.  I also have the 24 - 70 2.8 and the 70 - 200 2.8.  My mother is amazing, thats really all that needs to be said. Oh and one day, i'll pay you back with vacations or I'll knit you a sweater or something.  It will be great. :)


 I asked for a model face, this is what i got.. haha








This week, Im delivering photos all over and getting photos ready for the fairs this summer.  Side Note: I'm determined to win a blue ribbon this summer. I'm not even kidding. I don't care about winning money, I just want a Blue Ribbon. I said it. It wont be the end of the world, but I would be pretty darn excited!  If anyone has any suggestions as to what i should enter.. I'm all ears!!!

Its 2am. I'm usually asleep at like.. 10:30.  I'm not sure if any of this is making any sense.  A storm rolled through a little earlier and Tanner is a big scary ferocious dog when someone is walking through the neighborhood, but throw in some thunder and lighting and he cries like a little girl. SO.. I had to sit with him on the couch tonight cause he was shaking like a leaf... Which is why I'm up so late!  We have one VERY spoiled and loved puppy in this house.



Well, thats it for me tonight. I should sleep!  I leave you with one of my favorite flowers from earlier today!  Goodnight Friends.


*LOVE*

No comments:

Post a Comment