Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Waiting for portfolio review with Poison Ivy!

Hey All!!

I have to start this blog post by saying that I just discovered that I'm allergic to Poison Ivy.. in case anyone was wondering. I had the BRILLIANT idea to do a "trash the dress" type shoot with a wedding dress that I used that i no longer needed. I figured why not try something crazy right? Isn't that what life is about? I like to have fun with photography and I've never really felt that I can be super creative and try to execute ideas before, until I started school for photography. I just have to say, I hope I never lose that either.  Its fun to try new things, and most photographers wont tell you this, but most great amazing photographs were mistakes.  By mistakes i mean, They didn't mean to do something and then clicked the shutter and magically it was an amazing shot.  Its good to take risks and chances and try new stuff......... famous last words. SO.. I put my lovely "sister" Katey in this wedding dress and then put her in a swamp.  I thought it was a great idea and she is basically willing to try anything I come up with so why not.  I went in the swamp first, I wasn't going to put her somewhere I wasn't willing to go into myself.  Everything was great.  So I stuck a chair in the swamp and then gave Katey my rain boots and off she went.  People thought we were NUTS.  I swear, the road we were on has a total of 10 cars a day.  This particular night, a million people drove by and all stopped to say hi or ask what we were doing.  Hey, i'm from a small town area, this is good entertainment!!   So apparently, along this swamp.. was a lovely clean bed of Poison Ivy.  I had shorts on.. I was crawling all over the edge fixing the lights and trying to get different angles... you do the math.  Its been a long, itchy... 2 weeks.  AWESOME.  I almost forgot, I guess I should show you the final product right?? 


OK lets get back to this!!!

I promise once graduation comes, I will blog much more regularly.  But right now things are CRAZY!!!


I'm currently in phase 4 at Hallmark Institute of Photography and I've JUST handed in my final portfolio for graduation review!!!  Lots of emotions are going on here. Excitement, sadness, pride, and lets not forget to mention PURE TERROR! I go in for my review on the 14th and I'm nervous and excited all at the same time!! 

  
This is it!!! All 27 images! 

To continue the excitement I had my very first Senior Portrait shoot this past weekend with Anouchka!  She wanted her senior portraits to be very natural and a bit artsy.  We headed over to a state park in the area where I knew the sunset skies would be lovely and as a bonus the weather was PERFECT. Along with some pretty rad Senior PIctures, We did some best friend shots too with Lissie!  Sneak Peek below!  




It was a beautiful day, beautiful sunset and some pretty awesome company :)  THANKS GUYS! 

This was just a great start to the week.. To continue the awesome-ness, On Monday I spent the afternoon with a pretty cool photographer.  Her name is Katie Slater and she is AWESOME. If you haven't checked out her page, you need to.  Katie Slater Photography Facebook. Click this, check it out, LOVE it.  She let me tag along on a shoot.  It was very cool to assist her and see how she gets things done.  I got to meet an adorable couple on their engagement shoot and it was just very cool.  I want to send a HUGE thank you to Katie for allowing me to join her and for allowing me to bombard her with questions.  Thank you <3

I want to finish my blog post with a photograph.. but i have to set it up.  So, at school, one of my instructors is the fabulous Michael Zide.  He is an amazing landscape photographer and he decided to take us on an adventure.  I personally love landscape and other nature photography so I was super excited by the idea!  He literally drove us 30 minutes from school into the woods and after we parked the  cars.. we walked deeper in.  We ended up at this beautiful spot in the middle of no where, with waterfalls and wildlife.  It was great AND I didn't fall in the river!! I mean, i'm clumsy.. it happens. I was in the river for most of this trip, but i watched EVERY step. I was NOT dropping a Canon 5D mark 11 into a river. yay me!  Anyway...   Thanks Zide. 



*LOVE*

No comments:

Post a Comment