Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Weddings at Hallmark!

Simmer down rumor mill.. I'm only kidding!!  But seriously, we had some weddings today at the Northfield Church which was BEAUTIFUL!!  We have been borrowing the Northfield Herman School? Campus.  I'm not sure if thats the name, but it sounds right.  So yeah, anyway.. They are allowing Hallmark to shoot in their buildings.  The campus is gorgeous.  Today we had a mock wedding with my class in their church and the place is gorgeous.  ... I took pictures for all to see. 



I was shooting with a Wide Angle Canon 24-70mm today, sometimes with a speedlight. I was trying to shoot with as much natural light as I could though.  The picture above was all natural window light mixed with the chandeliers.  

On our Hallmark Adventure, my "son" Rick.. married 3 different women.  Not only do we have fake weddings, but we go crazy. I was the "mother of the groom" (I had him when I was 2)  There were also a few dresses in the church that we could play around with and some other props.  So.. here is what I did with my day. 







So Beautiful right?  For just a mock wedding and a bunch of people who were not prepared at all for this event... I think we did pretty good!



Now.. From this whole day.. Obviously these next few were my favorite photos.. and well award winning photographs If i may say so.  Feel free to send me a blue ribbon. :-D




Today was a full day on location.  We started on the other side of Campus with Mr. Greg Heisler and David Turner's class in the Music Building on the school campus. Funny story... So Dana and I were searching the building to figure out where I wanted to do my pictures for class.  We had lost Rick and Kayli so when we got to the basement (where there were rooms and stuff) at the end of the hall we heard pop music.  It was actually Lady Marmalade and I was pretty sure that with the voice of Christina Aguliara belting we were sure to find Kayli.  We get to the door and its locked.  Now, either the school is haunted and the ghosts are big X-tina fans.. OR there was another way into this room. Dana and I searched every door and none of them led to this room!  So.. I walk over to the door and knocked.. expecting to hear Rick or Kayli answer.. instead I hear this big man voice "HELLO" Dana and I both looked at eachother in fear and the door opens. Some guy opens the door and is like.. "Hi, Come on in" We have no Idea who this person is by the way.  I was like.. "ummm, you are not our classmates" lol (no  S#^%) He goes.... nope I'm building motors.  ummm Ok, so we were like.. "well, have fun" and we booked it out of there.  This guy was SUPER nice, but we didn't expect to find a random guy in the basement jammin to some tunes.  Good times. 

When we headed over to the Chapel for our wedding.. We had a full day of shooting with Michael Zide which is always an adventure.  



He gave Kayli away at her wedding. Always funny that Michael Zide.  As we were getting ready to leave, we were saying goodbye to Zide and as I was standing in the doorway He and I were ATTACKED by a BAT!!!  well.. not really attacked, it flew by me, but the fear in me was enough for me.  I'm not a big fan of bats flying at my face.. ya know? 

Today was a good time. Now i'm trying to get my All Hands on Deck photos done (check them out, some awesome girl does their pictures)  and well.. that whole graduation portfolio thing is kicking my butt!!

back to my editing! a picture from our music hall experience today.. just for you!


*LOVE*












No comments:

Post a Comment