Friday, May 6, 2011

Good Morning Friday

Its 7am here in Massachusetts and I've been up for 3 hours already!  I attempted to get to school early enough to rent equipment for the weekend but that just wasn't going to happen.  Apparently now, on Fridays you have to be here at school at 4:30am to get in line early enough to get what you need for equipment. RIDICULOUS!!  I was driving in from CT this morning and when I go back into town at 6am I realized I was no where close to making it. So I took my camera and snapped some pictures!  

The reason I was in CT all night was precisely this!  I had an AWESOME day at The Nutmeg Ballet Company yesterday.  They allowed me into their "home" and literally told me to make myself comfortable.  I spent the entire afternoon there, shooting from 2pm to 8pm.  I spent some time watching everyone practice.  Then headed off to the boys rehearsal and then to see the little girl Ballerinas.  Everyone was so nice and didn't seem to really mind me being there.  I ended up bringing a Canon 70 to 200 mm lens so that I could be around the edges of the room and still get the shots I wanted.  What was really great and a huge help for myself was that two of the four walls were lined with windows so I was able to use that light.  

The Ballet instructors were amazing.  When I first got to the studio I was told to make myself at home and go wherever I needed or wanted to go.  Everyone was just so lovely and willing to allow me into their space.  I couldn't have been more grateful for the opportunity.   I switched back to my 24-70 wide angle every once in a while to shoot the whole studio and get a full view of the studio.  It was just beautiful.  








I can't say enough how much fun I had yesterday and how great everyone was!! Thank you NUTMEG!!


ok, i'm getting kicked out of my computer desk!  So.. Ill be back later!!

*LOVE*

No comments:

Post a Comment