Wednesday, May 4, 2011

When it rains.. it pours photography!

Good Afternoon All!!

What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? Although I'd love to be at home, on the couch, in my pj's watching movies and munching on chocolate ice cream.. mmmmmmm chocolate ice cream.  Oh, Sorry.  Yes, Well.. I am at school.  (what else is new right?)  I've been getting lots done though! So thats always a plus!

I had my mid portfolio review today.  It is the fastest meeting in the world with 4 teachers. They literally have 5 minutes to sit at your desk, talk about your pictures, then move on to the next person. It was like speed dating. Seriously, it was crazy.. and to be honest, It was really helpful.  In those 5 minutes, I took away something great from all of my teachers.  *cropping changes.. color management..just throw this one away. Just kidding. But seriously.. I'm feeling really good about my images so far!

So what am I doing on the computer you might ask.. Well.. I'm blogging of course!  I wish I had the time to blog every day and show you new pictures, but to be honest.. I don't have the time!  I try to get on here as much as I can but with Portfolio due in LESS THAN 1 MONTH.. AAAAAAHHHH and well, my trip to South Carolina.. and my birthday.

WAIT!

Did I tell you guys about South Carolina? oh no!  ok, here ya go! So, Abi and I are leaving on Tuesday for South Carolina and let me tell you, we are SUPER excited!!!!!  We are going to do some shooting for our portfolios while we are done there.  We are meeting with a model to do some fashion photos.  Which i'm pumped about.  Then we are shooting our Interior design shots at some of the old historic Inns in the area of Charleston! They all look so lovely online so i'm very excited.  THEN hopefully I'll be able to meet with Juliet of Juliet Elizabeth Photography.  Her work is just so beautiful and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE the opportunity to work with her in the future.  So we are going to get together and have a chat!  You should check out her stuff, you will NOT be sorry!

With all this going on... and my birthday... I'm not sure when we will find time to sleep or do anything else really, but isn't that the point?!?

So lets get back to present day.  Tomorrow, I'm headed back home to photograph at  The Nutmeg Conservatory in Torrington CT.  I've grown up knowing all about it and going to their performances so I contacted the school and asked if they would mind if I spent some time there to take pictures and they were excited to have me! I am personally honored that they are allowing me into their practice space to take photographs so I'm beyond excited about this!  Pictures to come shortly I promise!!!

This week I had a shoot which came out super cute.  My cousin Jessie and her boyfriend Mike came over for some photo fun on Sunday. We shot at sunset at a park in town.  I'll let you tell me what you think!







It was actually a little chilly so I have to say, Thank you to Jess and Mike for hanging out with me! I hope you like the photos!

Well, I'm going to work on some KGP videos tonight!  I have a few projects I'm working on.  Stay tuned! But until then.. Check out the links on this post. There is some good stuff up there!

*LOVE*

No comments:

Post a Comment