Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Photograph: a picture painted by the sun without instruction in art. ~Ambrose Bierce

a year-ish.. ago I found a recipe for this 4 cheese and bacon mac and cheese.  Myself,  Zach, Andrew, Dan, Kat and Glen all came over for a movie night with mac and cheese and it was a big hit!  So.. The other night in honor of Glen (we miss you!!!) I made it again and instead of movie night, we had dinner by the pool and some swimming.  Zach couldn't make it (DONT WORRY, i'll make it again soon) but it was a pretty good night.  Eventful doesn't even cover it!  I didn't understand the power of bacon.. and cheese.. and then putting them together apparently does something to people.  This was my view while I was waiting for the timer to go off.. 


True Story.. I grabbed my camera to make sure to catch this.  

I'm not a master chef or anything, but it was pretty amazing.  I don't even like Bacon!

After all the food was gone and settled.  I had to run some errands and left everyone at the house.  (Aren't I an awesome hostess?)  When I got back to the house, everyone was in the pool.  Well.. by everyone I mean Andrew, Dan and Kat.  They were playing monkey in the middle with some of the beach balls we had in the pool.  All of a sudden, I hear "Karin, I need a napkin or something, I'm bleeding"  What the heck?!!?!?! Andrew was gushing blood from his lip.  Turns out, in an intense game of Monkey in the middle, Andrew hit his face on the chlorine thingy trying to get the ball.  

This is his battle wound.  The blood stopped before I could take the picture, Cause really who wants to see that??  Honestly, I can't leave for 5 minutes.  I was really gone for an hour, but who's counting. :)

Tonight, Andrew and I went to Topsmead because I wanted to take pictures... It had just stopped raining and I figured, either we would see some really cool storm clouds OR an amazing clear sky and everything glistening from the rain.  There really aren't many words to describe it.  The sky was slightly stormy but cleared up with an amazing sunset.  I'll just show you the pictures, thats all you need. However, I have to thank Andrew.  Literally the first thing he said to me was.. I'm not really dressed for pictures so please don't photograph me. hehehe famous last words.  I did end up laying down in the grass for a couple of the shots.. and as mentioned earlier it had just stopped raining. Not my brightest Idea. But totally worth it :) 





Andrew is such a trooper for going along with me all the time and holding my equipment and standing where I ask him to.  He is amazing. <3 Thank you. 

Its time for this girl to get some sleep.  

*LOVE*

No comments:

Post a Comment