Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Meet My Friends!!!

I'm not sure when It all happened, but Facebook seems to be what makes the world move.  I'll admit it, I'm addicted just like everyone else.  I have access to it on my phone, computer and ipod.  If it hasn't been a status, a profile pic or a wall post, then its just NOT official.  SO, as corny as it sounds.. one of the greatest pleasures in life for myself is when I see the words.. "your pictures has been made ______'s profile picture" . For a while, When I was starting school and I needed to take pictures, friends and family would be soooo not excited about me taking their pictures for assignments and such.  Then, after I got them to do what I wanted, I'd go home, upload the pictures and I would see those very words in a notification. HA! Thats right! :)  <--- this is all out of love I swear.

This brings us to my cousins, who now call me when they have great ideas for new profile pictures. :)  Ciara saw these huge fake elephants in Kent, CT and wanted to go take pictures with them.  I was going to pick her up at 1pm and drive out and take pictures on Monday.  At 12 noon I got a phone call and was told we had two additional members on our photo road trip, my two younger cousins Caroline and Roxy.  Before the start of this adventure I told Ciara I would absolutely go, as long as she could tell me how to get there, cause I had no idea where these Elephants were!  She was ready.  So we get into Kent and thats all I knew so I said.. "Ciara, where are we going now".  From the back seat I hear Caroline yell.. "Keep going straight and take a left." They bickered about that for a second, and I decided that Caroline seemed much more confident and persistent so I continued to follow her directions.. and its a good thing too!! She knew where she was going, i have NO idea how.   Thank goodness we had her with us or we would still be driving around Kent!!  We found the giant elephants (thank you caroline) and we took every picture possible, with the exception of getting them up on top of the elephants, and thats only because the step ladder i had wasn't big enough!





Ciara


Roxy


Caroline


Dont think I let them all get away without taking pictures for myself!!  The little outdoor shopping we were at had some really cool walls in awesome textures and colors and well.. 





So thats some of the members of my family that I've tortured so much in front of the camera that now they like being photographed :)

Lets move on to some more fun and exciting people!

I'd like to introduce you to some VERY talented friends of mine :)  You know Scott from our fabulous fake wedding shoot which you can see here if you have forgotten!! Well he is in a band and they call themselves Signs of Rozetta. We had a shoot once before in the studio, but this was a live show!!!  Scott, Eric "EZ", Gobbo, and Pete!  The show was at The Lily Pad above Toads Place in New Haven, CT.  It was VERY cool to see them perform live.  I decided before the show started to stand up on something so I could get a better view of the guys.  I honestly don't know what It was I was standing on but, It looked safe. As i was up there, I felt banging, and looked down to see a gentleman sitting and banging his foot along to the music and i was basically convinced at some point I was going to end up falling into the crowd, camera first. lol But it al worked out!  Check them out, they are pretty awesome :)


Scott


Gobbo


EZ


Pete


Um, yeah, I definitely climbed on stage. Its cool. No one knew I was coming, lol I just jumped on and took pictures. I think it was a good call ;)

Tonight, is.... Tuesday! (i actually had to stop and think about that for a good 30 seconds) ok! So its Tuesday night and I'm leaving for Cape Cod in the morning.  So, tonight I invited Katey over for dinner. We grilled some chicken on the grill and some yummy green beans with onion and garlic and walnuts (trust me, it tasted good) So Katey, Andrew and I had dinner and then decided Ice cream would be a great idea! So, we piled in the car and went off to get some ice cream!  They really should just know better, but apparently they haven't learned that If we leave the house around Sunset, I'll probably get side tracked.

We ended up at Burr Pond, which is a state park in the area. I'm not sure how THAT happened! hehehehe (evil laugh).  Poor Andrew, he gets dragged every where.  This was him.


Yes, i'm aware this vignette is hideous.  I felt that it really added to the fact that Andrew looked so unhappy though and I thought it was funny. Not how he was feeling, but how the picture looks!

Katey on the other hand was totally up for getting involved!  She rocks <3





I dont know these people, but they were so cute! Dad was trying to help the girls find fish.. They didn't catch anything :(



I'm headed to Cape Cod Tomorrow and Martha's Vineyard on Thursday and i'm trying to create a mini Photo Scavenger Hunt So if you have a challenging Idea, Send it my way!!  I don't think I'll have internet until I get back Friday, so.. I'll see ya then!  But check out KGP FACEBOOK PAGE because I can update that from my phone!!!



*LOVE*

No comments:

Post a Comment