Wednesday, July 6, 2011

VOTING CAN BE FUN!

Happy Wednesday! 

A big part of supporting a photography career is getting your name out there.  One of the most powerful forms of advertisement is word of mouth. In my personal opinion, I feel honored and flattered if someone sees my work and approaches me. Whether its just a compliment on a photograph or If they would like photographs taken or themselves or family its just nice to hear and VERY much appreciated.  Its nice to be recognized for the work that we do and I don't mean just myself but all photographers, because even though you may think photography is just snapping a camera and taking pictures.. (I'm not saying you think that, but I heard your neighbor say it.. ) Its actually a lot harder than it looks. When you are measuring the amount of light, the sensitivity of that light you are measuring,  angle, expressions, attitudes, clothing, surroundings, shutter speeds, apertures, ISO's. THEN you add a second or third or tenth person to that photo. MY GOODNESS! Thats a lot of work!  Don't get me wrong, I love it! But I get nervous just before every photo shoot, just like you would before you go on stage to perform, because in all seriousness.. photography is a performance. Anything and Everything can and will at some point go wrong and you have to be prepared for that as well! 

This brings me to todays topic... Contests :)  As photographers its important to know whats going on in the photography world.  I find it super helpful to see what other photographers are doing and try and better myself and my work by the inspiration from my piers!  Photo contests are a cool way to do that. Not only do you see what other people are interested in and techniques and such.. but also to get your name out there for the world to see! This is all super cheesy, there is nothing wrong with cheesy!!

Today I entered a pretty awesome photo contest.  CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!!!  Although portfolios will be judged by actual amazing judges that are in the photo industry, the portfolio with the most "votes" from the public can with the "PEOPLES CHOICE" award which would just be really cool!!  So please, take a look! 

Thanks for being super supportive!! You guys are awesome!!

*LOVE*

No comments:

Post a Comment