Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Donut questions ANSWERED!

Good Morning

I must admit, when I opened my email this morning and saw all the comments on my blog, I was a bit shocked and excited all at the same time!  My usual blog posts go from numbers in the 20's and 30's and today jumped to the thousands!  WHOA.  I'd love to know how all ya'll found me, If you wouldn't mind sharing.. leave me a comment! But more importantly, WELCOME!


As you may or may not know, I'm a photographer born and raised (and educated) Hallmark Institute of Photography Grad here, Hi I'm Karin :) I'm currently starting my own business in my home town in Connecticut and well, didn't I pick a great time to start a business??  ( WAIT, now that you know i'm crazy, don't leave! )  When I meet with people, I want them to feel comfortable and welcome, (not everyone is comfortable with meetings, Especially when they involve new people with cameras). So as a new business owner, I've been trying to come up with tons of new ideas. One of which involves.. home made donuts. :)

I wanted to have a plate of mini goodies and coffee for an early meeting with a client but, I had to try and make them first. I bake all the time and I haven't had too many complaints about my baking, however, I needed to test out my new ideas on my family, before offering them to the innocent public.

If you are reading my blog for the first time, and have no idea what I'm talking about.. check out the Cinnamon Sugar Blog Post. If you are one of my lovely readers looking for answers.. Here ya go :)

There is a store in the town next to mine that I try not to go into often, because they take all my money every time I go there.  I'm looking at you StoneWall Kitchen.  My new favorite is the Strawberry Peach Jam, Ooooh how delicious you are.   Seriously, thin spread of cream cheese on a ritz cracker with a dab of jam, Heart Melting. I'm not kidding, try it.

Sorry, I get carried away.

So, here it is, I cheated. I went with a Mix. *hiding my face in shame* I wanted to find a donut that I could bake, not fry.  I know, I know.. Donuts are donuts and not healthy no matter how you look at it, but baked is better than fried.. therefore its healthier than frying a donut. (i got this worked out people, trust me) :)    When I walked into this magical store and saw the donut pans... both mini and regular donut size. I fell in love right there. A mini baked donut?!?!?  EVEN HEALTHIER! Am I right?

I bought one of Stonewall's Donut Mix and went on my way.  Now, I do plan on trying my own completely from scratch recipes soon. So, naturally I'll be blogging more about those. But I have to say, the mix was pretty good! SUPER easy. I completely recommend them with kids! The recipe is super easy for kids to get involved with.  Eggs, Butter and Milk + mix, then stir it up. And its not SUPER thick so it would be easy for kids of any ages to stir the mixture together with a spoon.  Then you can use a spoon and pour it in the pan, or get fancy and use a pastry bag (or a sandwich baggie with a hole cut in the corner like myself).  When they are out of the oven, they pop out of the tin and you put them in the cinnamon sugar mixture. My family was NOT complaining, I can promise you that. In fact,  I was able to try one and only one.

I'm on the hunt for a delicious recipe that I can try from scratch, but so far, I haven't found any that I can use my pan for, all of the ones I've been finding need to be cut out and shaped.  So until then, I'll be sticking with Stonewall Mixes.  They have an Apple Cider Mix, that I'm ready to try next for the Fall.

By the way, I don't work there and I have no affiliation with the store. They just happen to be really yummy products.  :)

I hope that answered all your questions! I hope all of you visit our Facebook page  and "LIKE" us. Then you are guaranteed the first updates to new blog posts!  If not, thanks for stopping by <3



*LOVE*

3 comments:

  1. I found you today when Betty Crocker linked your original donut blog post to their Facebook page! I've been looking for this pan and your post will increase my search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the Pan at Stonewall Kitchen as well :) I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the pan from avon a few months ago, here is a link to a recipe for chocolate mini donuts, i have made them before the only thing i didn't care for was the glaze, i think i would make a regular glaze with 1tbs milk and powdered sugar til you get the consistency you want. http://dishingupdelights.blogspot.com/2011/03/baked-chocolate-donuts-with-ganache.html

    ReplyDelete