Sunday, August 28, 2011

I was in love with the whole world and all that lived in its rainy arms. --Louise Erdrich

As of right now, a ton of people in CT are out of power. I am VERY pleased to say that I am not one of those people!

Today started at 6am. thats early. 

You've all met my dog Tanner.  He isn't a fan of water........ or thunder. He does however like to eat things. 

EVERYTHING.  

We have an invincible fence system in the house so that he can't go passed the stairs and down the hallway towards the bedrooms because if that were the case, he would dig through garbage for dinner and snack on socks for dessert. 

back to the storm. 


This morning started at 6am, when Tanner was in my bed. I was just as confused as you are.  He risked being zapped (he doesn't wear the collar anymore because he knows where he can go so he wasn't zapped) but he didn't know that! He was scared by the storm. It wasn't thundering or lighting out, but he could tell something was up.  That is the beginning of this story.


For the rest of the day we played the ..."what is Tanner eating" game. 


His favorite thing to eat are the little paper inserts in magazines



And... then the actual magazines

Next up, the... "lady, whats with this camera always in my face" look.



He is after all.. the "man" of the house..



This Hurricane is no joke! It has done a lot of damage all the way up the east coast. It could have been a lot worse, so I'm thankful for that, But still.. there is going to be a lot of clean up!  Currently at my house, it is still raining and a little windy.  Nothing crazy though.  I went for a quick drive earlier to see what the damage was in my neighborhood. Not too bad.  Our yard is a pond though. Well.. more like a marsh. 


This is my back yard. 



Our pool. 



Draining the Pool.. 


For all these photos, I had some pretty fancy equipment.  I took a plastic bag from the grocery store, put my camera in it.. and cut a hole for the lens. Oh yeah. You are impressed ;)



By the time I felt it was safe enough to take a little drive, a lot of the water had drained a bit.  Lowes parking lot was pretty still a pretty good sized puddle. I live on the top of the hill.. and you saw my yard, so I didn't go too far around town. (i might be crazy, but i'm not looking to get hit by power lines or tree limbs.) 

All and All, we came out ok.  Its gonna be a couple days of clean up and hopefully people will get power back soon.  As I write this I got a text from my aunt who has no power and needed to know what was happening with the weather! 


Stay Safe People!


*LOVE*

No comments:

Post a Comment