Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Donuts

Happy Tuesday Peoples!

Today in CT the weather is perfect.  The temperature has hovered around 75 degrees all day with a cool breeze.  If the weather stayed this way all year long... Ahhh how lovely that would be.  We did have some excitement however.. There was an earth quake in Virginia.  I'm glad everyone is ok, a little shaken up (pun intended) but as far as I know, everyone is ok.  We felt it up here in CT though, which is weird.  The second time in a year that we've felt an earthquake.  I didn't feel it at the house, but I've been busy! My mom works about 40 minutes from home and the whole company evacuated because the buildings were shaking.. CRAZY! 

Here at home, KGP has been busy. With the help of my assistant (Andrew) we have made our first batch of home made Cinnamon Sugar Donuts! I have been trying new recipes lately and I figured, why not share with everyone? I'm just sorry you can't try them cause they were delicious!

I got the cutest mini donut pan thingy.. <-- technical term, it says it on the package, which made baking them really easy! 




 
After I mixed the dough and I put in in a little baggy, cut the corner and evenly squeezed it into the round tin.  Karin Goodwin and Betty Crocker.. practically the same person. :)

With the help from my lovely assistant.. Andrew... I was able to snap this photo while he coated a batch with the cinnamon sugar goodness 



and......


mmmmmmmmmmm.. good

To continue this cooking adventure, for dinner I took some plums and peaches that we had in the fridge, Cooked them on the store with some red wine vinegar and onion and simmered and mashed them into a marinade. Let that sit with the chicken all day and then through it on the grill. I wrapped the chicken in foil so that the chicken would cook in the juices and well.. so far so good! I have to say, between my cooking friends at Zach and Lou's BBQ and the Food Network. We have been more adventurous in our cooking.  Which I must say, Its fun!


Thats about it for now, I'm gonna follow the golden light tonight at sunset and try and make magic.  Stay tuned for more!

Today I leave you with a picture of 2 carrots that we pulled out of our garden. Aren't they the cutest darn carrots you've ever seen? Its not like we can get a huge meal out of them, but they are adorable, and a first step to a better garden! 


*LOVE*

8 comments:

  1. That donut looks good, what recipe did you use? I have the same pan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to make these for the kids! Care to share the recipe?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Please share the recipe! And where you got that fabulous pan!!! I'm a Tom Thumb mini-donut addict and I NEED that pan! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes recipe please, and where did you buy the pan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please share your recipe, my grands would love those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://karingoodwinphotography.blogspot.com/2011/08/cinnamon-sugar-donut-questions-answered.html

    New Blog Post Up. I hope this helps. <3

    ReplyDelete